SSK 1TB Personal Cloud External Wireless Hard Drive Portable NAS Storage with WiFi Hotspot for Travel, Support Auto-Backup Connect SD Card Reader Share Data for iPhone iPad Tablet Smart Phone Laptop
(as of Aug 10,2022 21:25:18 UTC – Details)
Storage Medium: 2.5 inch hard disk, 1TB capacity
Note: Due to the hard disk properties, please be careful not to drop the hard disk on the ground or subject it to a strong impact. When copying large files, make sure that the power is sufficient to avoid damage due to power failure.Please timely backup your data stored on the Hard disk.
Hard Disk Formats Supported: NTFS & EXFAT, Default format: EXFAT ( Please don’t format to other formats except NTFS&EXFAT)
Battery: Built-in 3800mAh Li-polymer
Interfaces: USB 3.0 port(for data and charging), RJ45 port, USB Host port
Wireless protocol: IEE 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4G, up to 300Mbps( Actual speed is around 5-10MB/s )
APP/Software: SSKCloud App
OS Supported: Android, IOS, Windows and Mac OS, all have corresponding App/Software.（Note: The SSKCloud App doesn’t support Chrome OS& Kindle Fire currently)
Connection: Supports up to 10 devices connected at the same time(Max); Support 4 routs of 720P simulcast or 2 routes of 1080P
Remote access: Based on UID point to point remote access (Note: The SSK Drive MUST be connected to the internet and the internal UID number installed to allow this connectivity). See manual for instructions on how to accomplish get a UID code for the device.
Packing List:1 x SSK unit with 1TB HDD 1 x USB3.0 Cable 1 x User Manual
Note: 1. If the LED Red light blinks, it indicates the battery will run out soon, please charge your battery in time.The package does not included the USB Charger, you can use the mobile phone charger (above 5Volt/1Ampere) to charge the Hard drive normally or up to a 2 Ampere charger for fast charge.
2. For Mac OS, the time machine backup only can work on USB mode, it can not work on wireless mode. But the updated SSKCloud Software supports Real-time synchronous update and backup of designated folders on both Mac and Windows Computer.
3. We do not recommend permanently connecting this drive to the power supply. If you want a permanent cloud for home use, it is recommended that you purchase another model of SSM-F100 4TB NAS from our store!
4.If you encounter any problems, but we did not show the problem on the page, please visit our website to find “Problems and solutions”.
1TB Storage Capacity, Compact Design, Convenient to Carry
1TB Storage Capacity,which can store 200,000 5M HD photos; With the USB Host port, that supports USB Flash drives, Card readers, and some external HDD’s you can transfer data seamlessly, gives photographers and others portable storage to easily offload, edit and stream photos, general files or HD videos in the field. Allows Streamling of your workflow with this wireless hard drive working seamlessly with your mobile or fixed device. The USB 3.0 interface, up to 5Gbps high speed transmission to transfer large numbers of various sized files.
With Personal WiFi Hotspot
With the SSK’s Personal WiFi Hotspot, even without an internet connection, you can wireless transfer/share files, enjoy HD videos anytime. The SSK unit Supports IOS, Android, Windows, MAC OS. It is truly a Multi-platform device.
Note: In home network, the WiFi of the Router is stronger than the WiFi of the Drive, so the mobile phone often automatically switches to the WiFi of the Router and the App prompts the disconnection. We recommend that you set the Drive to the Internet and then use your phone to connect the Router’s WiFi to access Drive, so that to achieve a stable WiFi connection.
One Click Backup for Mobile Phone/ Tablet/PC Photos, Videos
One click back-up Mobile Phone, Tablet ,PC photos, videos, no longer to worry about losing cherish memories; Bulk upload, timely statistics the quantity, automatic identification, and sort by time. (Note: 1. For IOS, if hard drive is not connected to the internet, it will only backup IOS local photos, will not include icloud stored photos,if you want to back up all of the photos, please ensure that the hard drive is connected to the internet first. 2. At this time the SSKCloud App can not automatically backup music, files and others etc. These file types must be transfered manually.)
Remote Access the SSKHard Drive from Anywhere
When you are in a remote location (away from your SSK drive), as long as it is powered and connected to the internet and the UID setup has been completed, you will be able to access the SSK drive via cellular or wi-fi connection. In this scenario when the SSK Cloud App is opened it will first attempt to connect to the SSK drive via local connections and, if unsuccessful, will then attempt to connect via the remote UID connection. Once successful the App will indicate a connection has been made and you are now free to stream or read / write files to the SSK unit or any attached USB storage device from your remote location.
Accessing the Internal SSK Drive Data and Internet Simultaneouslty
Connect the SSK Drive to your Router(Via Ethernet lan cable or wireless bridge mode), after that, Mobile phone ,tablets or computers connected to the SSK Drive SSID or Router ‘s will now have access to the internet as well as the internal HDD and any external USB device connected.
Transfer Data between different OS Devices
Perfect support for IOS, Android, Windows, Mac multiple operating systems, it solves the problem of fast data transmission between the different OS(operating systems) that may be in use.
The SSKCloud App is available on the App Store and Google Play.(For IOS, Android phones Tablet ,PC)
For Windows and Mac OS App, please transfer and intall from hard drive directly.(Folder name: App).
Suitable for Multiple Scenarios
Server Data Center
Multiple people(up to 10),may share the SSK HDD at the same time- providing convenient and efficient sharing.
Support DLNA protocol
Go to the Video on Mobile phone SSKCloud App, enter and play any video, in the upper right corner, click the screen projection button “TV”, select the TV name, then the video will be casted to Smart TV and turn it into a private theater, enjoy the visual feast. ( The Drive, Phone and Smart TV must be in the same LAN).
Travelling in the World
When travelling, taking a lot of photos, videos, mobile phone or Camera SD capacity is limited, no need to worry, with the SSK HDD you can wirelessly offload photos to the hard drive immediately without a computer freeing up valuable space on your phone, SD cards or tablet.
During the long boring journey with nothing to do, turn on SSKCloud, no need internet, massive movies, previously copied to the SSK HDD, can be waiting for you to make the time go by faster
Hard Drive Operating Modes Introduction( Four Modes)
Turn on the Hard drive for Mode 1~3; Turn off the Hard drive for Mode 4.
Mode 1 Allows for wireless connection of phones / tablets / computers to the SSK Drive WITHOUT having any internet connection via the SSK Cloud App and the built in wi-fi.
⒈Mobile phone/Tablet PC/Computer connect the Hard drive’s WiFi hotspot; ⒉Mobile phone/Tablet PC/Computer access the Hard Drive via SSKCloud App/Software; 3. All devices have no internet connection.
Mode 2 With internet connections to all devices via Wireless Bridge Mode.
⒈ Connect the Hard drive to Router via wireless bridge(User Manual Page 5); ⒉ Mobile phone/Tablet PC/Computer connect the Router’s WiFi; ⒊ Mobile phone/Tablet PC/Computer access the Hard Drive via SSKCloud App/Software; 4. All devices have the internet and can access the content stored on the Hard Drive.
Mode 3 With internet connections using Wired Access Point (AP) Mode.
⒈ Connect the Hard drive to Router via LAN cable; ⒉ Mobile phone/Tablet PC/Computer connect the Router’s WiFi; ⒊ Mobile phone/Tablet PC/Computer access Hard Drive via SSKCloud App/Software; 4. All devices on your home network have the internet and can access the content stored on the Hard Drive.
Mode 4 This is a USB only Mode allowing access of a single computer to the SSK units internal HDD.
⒈Turn off the Hard Drive; ⒉Connect Hard drive to computer via provided USB3.0 Cable.
1. Please download and install the SSKCloud App on “Apple store” or “Google Play” for mobile devices;
The software for PC/Mac is on the drive itself. Just use it as an external drive to copy the binaries onto your system and install the ”app”.Or you can check our website to see if have the newer version.Note: When you download the SSKCloud App from our website, please don’t use the Google Chrome Browser, please use other Browsers to download. Thank you.
2. For computer, You can also MAP the SSK HDD to Windows Explorer on a PC or to a Mac using the Samba Protocol. SSKCloud software has addressed to access Samba. Please Click : ” Samba Management”, it will switch to Samba interface automatically, you don’t need to enter the IP address and password manually. After mapped, the drive will be turned to a network Drive.
Once mapped on a PC or Mac you will find a series of folders already setup under share_sda1. The device comes with a bunch of “default” folders that you can’t delete (they are all “system folders”). These must be left on the device as they are but you may freely add additional folders here and as sub folders under the already setup folders. You also can use your PC or Mac to read /write / delete files in these folders that will be accessible on the PC or Mac as well as from a phone or tablet connected to the SSK locally or remotely.
How to set up the drive on mobile phone and have the internet access?
1. Install the SSKCloud App on your phone and turn on the SSK Drive(If can not power on or LED flash Red, please charge it first);
2. Open “Settings” on your phone (Not SSKCloud App) and click: WiFi, and select F200_**_** WiFi Hotspot to connect;
3. After connected the SSK Drive’s WiFi hotspot, your phone may prompt: “no internet, do you want to switch to another network?” Please choose “no” to ensure your phone has connected the SSK Drive’s WiFi hotspot;
4. Click the SSK Cloud App, enter the password to finish the initial settings, follow the tips to exit and enter the APP again, it will prompt no internet connection, you can simply connect the SSK Drive to Router via lan cable or wireless bridge it to internet.( Detail please follow the user manual or FAQ on our website to set the Drive to internet);
5. After that, your mobile phone can connect the SSK Drive’s WiFI or Router’s WiFi to access Drive and have the internet at the same time. Recommend to connect the Router’s WiFi.
After enter SSKCloud App, it doesn’t show the Drive’s capacity, I can’t backup/transfer, it stuck on calculation or backup/Transfer failed, what should I do?
1. Please go to your mobile phone Settings (Not SSKCloud App settings) to ensure your phone has connected SSK Drive’s WiFi hotspot; In home network, the Router’s WiFi is stronger than the Drive’s WiFi, so the mobile phone often auto switches to connect the Router’s WiFi and SSKCloud App prompts the disconnection.
2. If the App shows that the WIFI is connected, please check the Drive capacity is properly displayed, such as 1TB or 2TB. If not, please turn off the Drive, and then connect it to computer with supplied USB cable and reformat the Drive to EXFAT or NTFS. ( Before format, please backup all your data).
3. Please check your iPhone have enough storage? All the contents will be transferred to local and then move to Drive. So please ensure your Iphone has enough storage.
4. Does your iPhone name have special characters? If have, please delete the special characters and just with normal standard characters. Please follow this to check: Your Iphone— Settings—General—About—Name
How do I manually set the SSK Drive to a Network Drive on my computer?
1. Please power on the SSK Drive and connect it to Router via lan cable or wireless bridge way.
2. Please open the SSKCloud APP on mobile phone to find the IP address: Settings—samba access—it will show the IP address;
3. Please enter this IP address on the File Explorer ( For Windows computer ) or on the Safari( For Mac computer); Please note enter the correct symbol “\” “//”before the number.
4. Please enter the user Name and password on the Dialog box, the user name is admin, password is what you have set during initial settings, and select the folder “ Share_sda1” and access it.
6. If you still can not access, please check your computer network settings to see if you have turned on the Network Discovery. ( Detail please follow FAQs on our official website).
I can not use Time machine to backup my files wirelessly, what should I do?
The time machine backup only can work on USB mode, it can not work on wireless mode. But the updated SSKCloud App supports Real-time synchronous update and backup of designated folders for both Mac and Windows Computer. Please download and install the SSKCloud App from our official website.
Initial setup on Mobile Phone
Backup or transfer issues
Set a network Drive
Time machine backup issue
High speed and large capacity: 1TB storage capacity(HDD), Up to 300Mbps high speed wireless transmission, without geographical restrictions,remote access and manage the storage freely at anywhere by PC/Mobile phone, Point to Point(P2P) conFfidential transmission to ensure data security.
Portable: Small size can be carried at any time, Built-in 3800Mah lithium-polymer battery, also can be used as power bank, charge your phones and other USB devices;
Smart Control: Smart App(IOS & Android supported), smart upload/download, one Click backup, remote access easier. Supports multi-people sharing at the same time; Supports Samba and DLNA Protocol, all smart devices interconnection in the LAN, smart TVs, laptops and mobile phones can share SSKCloud data freely; Divide hard drive to Private Area and Public Area to better retain private information and improve security; One Click backup On Mobile Phones, Tablets and PCs
Centralize all your data: Support IOS, Android, Windows, MAC, all have proprietary client software. Centralize all photos, videos, music and files in one safe place and easily access.. With USB Host Port , supports all kinds of USB storage devices, such as USB Disk, Card reader etc. and managed by SSKCloud App/Software