Geoff Keighley’s Summer time Recreation Fest showcase kicked off a weekend of online game reveals, and it appears organizers this 12 months selected to (or needed to) prioritize new footage of already-announced titles, with a smattering of latest recreation reveals that piqued viewers curiosity.
Probably the most notable announcement of the showcase was apparently meant to be information of The Final of Us Half I: a ground-up remake of The Final of Us for PlayStation 5 and PC. Sony’s web site leaked that announcement earlier than the present even began.
There was one slightly neat development that made itself manifest within the early minutes of the present, and that was numerous video games leaping in on the house horror style. The Callisto Protocol, Aliens: Darkish Descent, Fort Solis, and Routine (which was first introduced a decade in the past!) all showcased the horror of creepy creatures in tight metallic corridors.
The largest shock turned out to be Goat Simulator 3, which debuted with a riff on the unique Lifeless Island trailer. And that is not a typo. The sequel to Goat Simulator is Goat Simulator 3, not Goat Simulator 2. Goat Simulator 2 won’t ever be.
A light-weight showcase of darkish corridors
Summer time Recreation Fest kicked off with a take a look at Avenue Fighter 6, earlier than spending most of its time with The Callisto Protocol and Name of Responsibility: Fashionable Warfare 2. We did additionally see one other main movement image tie-in debut with Aliens: Darkish Descent.
Unhappy Cat Studios’ Changed was meant to get a brand new trailer, however for the reason that group has been battling Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, they weren’t in a position to get something made in time.
The complete checklist of titles proven included:
- Avenue Fighter 6
- Aliens: Darkish Descent
- The Callisto Protocol
- Name of Responsibility: Fashionable Warfare 2
- Flashback 2, a shock sequel to Microids’ 30-year previous recreation Flashback.
- Fort Solis
- Outriders: Worldslayer
- Stormgate, the brand new real-time technique recreation from Frost Big Studios, one in all a number of based by ex-Blizzard Leisure alumni exhibiting off their video games this 12 months.
- American Arcadia
- Goat Simulator 3
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns
- Cuphead: The Scrumptious Final Course
- Neon White
- Midnight Battle Categorical
- Honkai StarRail
- Zenless Zone Zero
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge
- Humankind: Cultures of Latin America
- One Piece Odyssey
- Soul Hackers 2
- Capcom Arcade Stadium 2
- Mario Strikers: Battle League
- Metallic Hellslinger
- The Quarry
- Saints Row, this one truly had a really neat advertising gimmick to go along with it. Volition launched a free character creator device that lets gamers create their characters earlier than the sport’s launch. With far-ranging character customization being a key characteristic of the Saints Row sequence, this was a neat option to tee up the sport’s launch in August.
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
- Layers of Fears
- Gotham Knights
- The Final of Us Half II Multiplayer (now a standalone games-as-a-service title, as a result of be proven off subsequent 12 months).
- The Final of Us Half I